Thursday, January 10, 2013
Quirky dome-icile just hit the market — but it’s in Melissa
It gives whole new meaning to "well rounded" feng shui.
MELISSA I love quirky houses! If a home has character, a neat feature, or some really defining characteristic, I love it!
While it’s no Bio-Dome, this concrete-shell house has two bedrooms, two baths, and 2,100 square feet. You’ll love the secluded location, but you’ll have to learn to live with few windows in this home. I love the upstairs loft, though.
Perhaps you’ve driven by the Monolithic Institute on I-35 on your way to Austin and thought, “Gee, I wonder what it’s like inside one of those domes...” Well, this is it! The house, which is at 3592 County Road 338, is marketed by Debbie Hudnall of Virginia Cook Realtors.
It’s incredibly affordable, too, at $125,000, but you’d need to do a lot of renovating. Of course, you’d also have to live in the Collin County suburb of Melissa, which is too far away from Dallas for me, but maybe that’s your kind of thing.
So, do you think you could live in a dome?
Pegasus News Content partner - Candy's Dirt
- Collin County Shelter is full and needs your help rescuing dogs
- McKinney takes part in worldwide swimming lesson to raise awareness about drowning
- Chicken enchiladas made in McKinney recalled for containing plastic
- Collin County Animal Services hopes to find homes for abandoned animals
- Inside the courtroom at the Collin County clerks trial: Day 2