Thursday, January 10, 2013 , Updated 12:00 p.m., January 13, 2013
Someone will be crowned Miss Gay Texas State Sunday at Brick
Expect big hair, big boobs, and even bigger personalities.
DALLAS If somebody wanted to truly revitalize the public’s interest in beauty pageants, they’d televise the gay ones. Heck, they should build a series of reality shows around them while they’re at it. Because any gal can throw on a bikini and strut across the stage in high heels. (Snooze.)
But it takes a man to turn that strut into a talent.
This Sunday, catch the illusion glamour and drama in person at the Miss Lone Star State & State At Large pageant at Brick. There will be big hair, big boobs and even bigger personalities as each contestant competes to get closer to the title of Miss Gay Texas State.
Emceed by Madison Devoreaux, Miss Gay Texas State 2013, and Natasha P., Miss Gay Texas State at Large 2013, the laughs will be flowing faster than the hairspray and vodka in the dressing room.
For anyone who loves drag and female impersonation, this is going to be absolute heaven.
Heaven with a $5 cover charge, but still.
Pegasus News Content partner - Gay List Daily
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Sarah Jaffe added to stacked Homegrown Fest lineup
- New restaurant Town Hearth expected to open in Design District in 2015