Sunday, January 13, 2013
Photos: Look inside the world’s largest honky tonk, Billy Bob’s Texas
Country spitfire Gretchen Wilson just happened to be there.
FORT WORTH More than 100,000 square feet of pure country: That's Billy Bob's Texas in Fort Worth. Called the "world's largest honky tonk," the country music venue has been a regular stop for Willie, Waylon, and the boys, not to mention Hank Williams Jr. and George Strait. It can fit 6,000 people and has become a staple in the country music scene. You ain't made it til you've played Billy Bob's.
Here are some photos of a recent Gretchen Wilson concert, with peeks into the cavernous space perfect for two stepping and line dancing.
- Review: Dedicated hopheads braved the cold at Fort Worth's Untapped festival
- 15 hilariously-named beers at Fort Worth's Untapped festival
- Theater review: Into the Woods creatively interprets childhood tales
- Still kickin': Willie Nelson's Picnic is back in Fort Worth this summer
- Theater review: Venus in Fur is intense, sexy and certainly PG-13