Monday, January 14, 2013 , Updated 4:00 p.m., February 8, 2013
Design District’s outdoor market returns with “Piazza Valentina”
It's one part romantic stroll, two parts block party.
DALLAS It seems like only yesterday that our little Design District consisted entirely of abandoned warehouses and stray cats, but a slew of hot restaurants and shops have helped transform it into one of the city’s most exciting neighborhoods. On February 9, Jim Lake Companies and the Deep Ellum Outdoor Market will partner again to resurrect last fall’s Design District Market with a special pop-up Valentines Market.
Modeled after a European plaza, “Piazza Valentina” will feature a host of handmade and unique items, perfect for one's beloved inamorata ... or oneself, for those happening to fall into the “Cupid’s stupid” category this year. Last October’s market attracted more than 1,500 patrons, and the romantic revamp will feature “roaming musicians, a puppeteer, a pop-up café ... local artisans, vintage clothiers, and jewelry makers” in addition to beer, wine, food trucks, and live bands.
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger
- Concert review: Crowds go crazy for diamond-in-the-flesh Lorde in Dallas