Monday, January 14, 2013
Man shoots himself at Vista Ridge Mall in Lewisville
No one else was hurt.
LEWISVILLE Authorities say a North Texas man is dead after shooting himself at a mall where he went to confront someone.
Lewisville police say no one else was injured.
Police say they were called to the Vista Ridge Mall about 4 p.m. Monday after reports of an argument between a woman working at a kiosk and someone described as a male acquaintance who had confronted her.
Police spokesman Capt. Kevin Deaver says the man pulled a handgun and shot himself when mall security tried to escort him outside.
The man was pronounced dead at a hospital. His name was not immediately released.
The mall was not evacuated, but parts remained closed after the shooting as police were investigating.
Lewisville is 20 miles northwest of Dallas.
- More than you wanted to know about breastaurant reality show Big Tips Texas
- "Freedom Writer" Darrius Garrett will sign memoir in Lewisville
- Witness helped police arrest man accused of stealing drugs from Walgreens
- Vista Ridge Mall throws back-to-school party August 24
- Lightning caused fire that completely destroyed home in Coppell