Monday, January 14, 2013 , Updated 6:00 p.m., February 5, 2013
UPDATED: Najat Kaanache will take over Private Social kitchen
Top Chef Tiffany Derry is moving on.
She's working on a few other developmental projects for restaurants and said she's leaving Private Social so she doesn't commit herself to too many things. ”I love openings, I love all the training and craziness and chaos of organizing it — I love the stuff that other people don’t like,” she told Leslie Brenner.
Brenner notes that Top Chefs in Dallas are on the move. From her article:
Derry is the third chef among 11 included in our Best in DFW: Chefs story published in October to announce a decision to leave his or her restaurant. January 25 will be Tre Wilcox’s last day at Village Marquee Texas Grill and Bar. Andre Natera resigned from the Pyramid Restaurant in mid-October.
We're interested to see what's next for Derry.
Posted by Sarah
See more stories in:
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Photos: Ever seen a bedroom closet with a coffee bar and refrigerator?
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre