Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Chowing Down on Tesar’s clam taco at Spoon Bar & Kitchen
This thing was good.
DALLAS Avocado, cream, salsa, dried corn, little bits of breading: These were on my fingers moments after I took a bite of the Ipswich clam taco on special Tuesday night at Spoon Bar & Kitchen. And it was pretty delicious.
The heat from the jalapeño cream salsa and the pillowy but hefty clams laced the elements of John Tesar’s taco creation nestled in a flour tortilla that seconds earlier been removed from the grill. The result was a warm, papery tortilla.
It was only then that I looked at my dining companion and driver for the excursion. He wasn’t nearly as messy but he was as thankful as I was for the opportunity that Tesar and his staff afforded us. I’m excited to try it again when the taco is added to the forthcoming lunch menu, which I was told would be rolled out sometime after Valentine’s Day.
Pegasus News Content partner - Taco Trail
- Snag Mike Modano and Willa Ford's Preston Hollow home for a cool $2.5 mil
- Brangelina release limited quantity of original rosé wine at Sigel's on Greenville
- Photos: Lumen Hotel adds swank artwork by Dallas-based artists
- Tech-savvy: 4 of the coolest gadgets in the Bush Presidential Center
- First look: Cafe 43 at Bush library eviscerates all notions of "museum dining"