Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Chowing Down on Tesar’s clam taco at Spoon Bar & Kitchen
This thing was good.
DALLAS Avocado, cream, salsa, dried corn, little bits of breading: These were on my fingers moments after I took a bite of the Ipswich clam taco on special Tuesday night at Spoon Bar & Kitchen. And it was pretty delicious.
The heat from the jalapeño cream salsa and the pillowy but hefty clams laced the elements of John Tesar’s taco creation nestled in a flour tortilla that seconds earlier been removed from the grill. The result was a warm, papery tortilla.
It was only then that I looked at my dining companion and driver for the excursion. He wasn’t nearly as messy but he was as thankful as I was for the opportunity that Tesar and his staff afforded us. I’m excited to try it again when the taco is added to the forthcoming lunch menu, which I was told would be rolled out sometime after Valentine’s Day.
Pegasus News Content partner - Taco Trail
- Purple Cow’s only remaining D-FW restaurant is now closed
- Photos: Beer sales have made SMU's Moody Coliseum way, way more fun
- Restaurant review: At True Food Kitchen, healthy food can actually taste good
- CEO of American Airlines bought giant Strait Lane home in Dallas -- all 20,000 feet of it
- Tom Thumb in Highland Park Village is closing