Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Chowing Down on Tesar’s clam taco at Spoon Bar & Kitchen
This thing was good.
DALLAS Avocado, cream, salsa, dried corn, little bits of breading: These were on my fingers moments after I took a bite of the Ipswich clam taco on special Tuesday night at Spoon Bar & Kitchen. And it was pretty delicious.
The heat from the jalapeño cream salsa and the pillowy but hefty clams laced the elements of John Tesar’s taco creation nestled in a flour tortilla that seconds earlier been removed from the grill. The result was a warm, papery tortilla.
It was only then that I looked at my dining companion and driver for the excursion. He wasn’t nearly as messy but he was as thankful as I was for the opportunity that Tesar and his staff afforded us. I’m excited to try it again when the taco is added to the forthcoming lunch menu, which I was told would be rolled out sometime after Valentine’s Day.
Pegasus News Content partner - Taco Trail
- Photos: Ever seen a bedroom closet with a coffee bar and refrigerator?
- Do SMU students still care about Aaron Carter?
- Joel Harloff is new executive chef at Battuto in Dallas
- First look: Sprinkles Ice Cream in Dallas is pretty in pictures
- Kid-friendly restaurant called Village Kitchen opens in Dallas Thursday