Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Omni hotels now serving 6 street food inspired dishes
Chefs from all over the world entered more than 160 meals, six of which are now on the menu.
Omni Hotels and Resorts announced a new, limited-time menu, inspired by global street cuisine. The Simply Street Food menu will feature dishes created in a competition among chefs at luxury hotels around the world.
According to a press release this week, chefs at hotels in 56 countries submitted more than 160 dishes for consideration. Six were chosen for the Simply Street Food menu, including a dish by a Texas chef. Those chefs and dishes (follow the links for recipes):
Duck empanada with smoked tomato mayonnaise, Chef Gene Moss, Omni La Mansion del Rio, San Antonio
Acarajé de Orixá, Chef Josemar Passos, Tivoli Ecoresort Praiai do Forte in Bahia, Brazil
Citrus ancho braised lamb tostado, Chef Scott Mole, Omni Bedford Springs Resort, Pennsylvania
Famous Peddler’s char kway teow, Chef Andy Oh, Pan Pacific Orchard
Chicken musakhan sandwich, Chef Moh’d Alaa Allaham, Emirates Palace Abu Dhabi
Short rib & Vermont cheddar sandwich, Chef Gerald Tice, Omni Parker House, Boston
The street food menu will be available through March at bars and lounges at Omni hotels, including the lobby bar of the Omni Dallas.
Simply Street Food - Omni Hotels & Resorts
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at video game development at Gearbox Community Day