Friday, January 18, 2013
Blue Bonnet Bakery preps for Stock Show with Texas-themed pies and cookies
You need this in your life.
FORT WORTH The historic Blue Bonnet Bakery on Camp Bowie Boulevard in Fort Worth is putting its best cookies and pies forward as it readies for the annual Stock Show and Rodeo that will be taking place just a few blocks away. In addition to pies adorned with a top crust in the shape of the great Lone Star State, you can find sugar cookies in the shape of horses, pigs, big blue lone stars, and colorful cowboy hats and boots.
The Blue Bonnet Bakery has been a mainstay in Fort Worth since 1934. They’re locally famous for their petit fours, monkey bread, and double fudge cake. They also serve a lunch menu, with dining space available in and outside of their location on 4705 Camp Bowie Blvd.
Their current location was previously a church, built in the 1920s.
Menus, operating hours, and other information can be found online here.
Pegasus News Content partner - Roots, Boots 'n Rambles
- Review: Dedicated hopheads braved the cold at Fort Worth's Untapped festival
- 15 hilariously-named beers at Fort Worth's Untapped festival
- Theater review: All’s Well That Ends Well provides both light-hearted comedy and thoughtful reflection
- Theater review: As You Like It by Stolen Shakespeare Guild is foolish and fun
- AF+B in Fort Worth opens Friday