Friday, January 18, 2013
KXT’s Summer Cut announces stellar lineup
They're no longer the little radio station that could: This is a big concert.
- The Avett Brothers
- Grace Potter & The Nocturnals
- Matt & Kim
- Hayes Carll
- Milo Greene
- RTB2 (from Denton)
- Oil Boom (from Fort Worth)
- The Orbans (from Fort Worth)
- The Roomsounds (from Dallas)
- Fate Lions (from Fort Worth)
- Gexa Energy Pavilion
1818 1st Avenue
- $30 - $55
Click on the blue links above for more information about the local bands playing the festival.
VIP tickets, for $100 each, will get concertgoers "a GREAT reserved seat," a concert T-shirt, a poster, and access to the air-conditioned VIP lounge. The added A/C might be worth the ticket price alone. Details on those here.
Last year's inaugural Summer Cut was an important moment for the radio station. It featured The Flaming Lips, St. Vincent, and several local acts, and it cemented KXT's prominence in indie music in Dallas.
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger