Tuesday, January 22, 2013 , Updated 2:41 p.m., January 22, 2013
Expect the meat dress and inflatable private parts at Lady Gaga’s Dallas show
Photos aren't allowed during the show.
DALLAS Next week, Lady Gaga will bring her elaborate, extravagant shock-festival stage show to Dallas, as her Born This Way tour hits the American Airlines Center. So, what can ticketholders expect?
Well, Gaga emerging from a giant inflatable vagina before introducing “Born This Way,” for one thing. (Don’t worry, no photos. Lady Gaga isn’t allowing photographers at her North American shows.) Maybe that’s a reason one reviewer calls the show “so over-the-top it completely buries the music.”
Other things about her show we’ve learned, from reading reviews in other cities:
- The stage is designed to look like a three-story medieval castle.
- She dons a version of the infamous meat dress and feeds herself to a meat grinder.
- She re-enacts the motorcycle/human hybrid from her Born This Way album cover.
- She rides a giant mechanical horse while performing “Highway Unicorn (Road to Love).”
If you're dying to go to the show, check out GuideLive's Facebook page and click on the “Lady Gaga Concert” tab to see their Gaga giveaway.
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at video game development at Gearbox Community Day