Wednesday, January 23, 2013 , Updated 12:31 p.m., February 11, 2013
UPDATE: White Rock Local Market adds second location at Lakeside Baptist Church
The market will now be open every Saturday.
LAKEWOOD East Dallas’ White Rock Local Market will expand to a second location in March, allowing the artisan craft and food flea to take place every weekend.
Traditionally, the market took place the second and fourth Saturdays of every month at The Green Spot on North Buckner Boulevard. Lakeside Baptist Church, which has more parking and vendor space, will host the event every first and third Saturday beginning March 2.
“In the four years since we began, our customer base has significantly grown and we have increased the number of vendors,” said Sarah Perry, director of White Rock Local Market in a press release, “so partnering with another location became a realistic goal.”
Regular hours are 8 a.m.-1 p.m. All participating artisans come from within 150 miles of Lakewood.
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- New growler shop in East Dallas begins filling Lone Star suds today
- Seafood restaurant Palapas opens on Greenville Ave with two big patios
- UPDATED: Former Top Chef contestant Danyele McPherson is moving south on Greenville Ave
- Lakewood Brewing Co. serves up tequila barrel-aged beers this weekend