Thursday, January 24, 2013
Manual landing gear fails as small plane without electricity skids into McKinney Airport
No one was hurt.
MCKINNEY A small plane belly landed at Collin County Regional Airport on Wednesday after an electrical power outage.
Shortly before noon, the aircraft suffered an electrical outage on its way to the runway, forcing the pilot to try to put the landing gear down manually, said Anna Clark, McKinney city spokesperson. Once the plane touched down, though, the gear collapsed causing the plane to slide to a stop on the runway.
Neither of the two people on board were injured, Clark said.
Airport personnel worked to remove the aircraft from the runway, which remained closed for about two hours.
Pegasus News Content partner - Star Local News
- Q-and-A: Patina Green sous chef talks local ingredients and squash sandwiches
- McKinney police arrest alleged child predator
- Stroller stampede: McKinney moms find fitness and friendship
- Blue Goose's newest McKinney location resounding success
- McKinney sculptor installs new white buffalo piece downtown