Monday, January 28, 2013
First look: Deep Ellum’s Eden Lounge provides swanky hang-out spot for LGBTs
Enjoy the vibe and view from the rooftop deck Thursdays through Sundays.
DEEP ELLUM Deep Ellum's first-in-a-while LGBT hang-out, Eden Lounge, celebrated its grand opening Saturday. Patrons were invited to relax on the cushioned booths, sip one of the bar's specialty cocktails, and enjoy the view of downtown from the rooftop patio. Music by local band MoJo Dolls blared through the speakers as the bar announced its presence in the eclectic neighborhood.
Since word about Eden Lounge hit the press, Kristi Holman, partner of five years to owner Lauren Nguyen, said their peers in Deep Ellum have embraced the bar and its community. While the bar caters to Dallas' lesbian community, Holman said it also attracts a steady straight crowd who are looking to have a good time. Eden Lounge exudes an inviting vibe and the staff makes their regulars as well as first-time visitors feel like family.
Eden Lounge is open Thursday through Sunday of every week. Pegasus News recommends trying the Forbidden Fruit cocktail, which includes blueberry vodka and blackberry puree with a splash of soda and a sugar rim.
Pegasus News Content partner - Linda McKinney
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger
- Concert review: Crowds go crazy for diamond-in-the-flesh Lorde in Dallas