Monday, January 28, 2013
Photos: Hypnotic Donut Dash mesmerized runners with face-stuffing, sugary goodness
We have to wonder if the "5K" refers to calories consumed.
FAIR PARK Whether it's Gu, Shot-Bloks, or Sport Beans, most serious distance runners develop adamant and unwavering opinions about the "objectively" best quick-energy products for runs that last over 90 minutes. On Saturday, doughnut holes might have unexpectedly joined a few of those lists for short races.
Local race promoters Mellew Productions teamed with Hypnotic Donuts for the inaugural Donut Dash 5K at Fair Park. The course included three doughnut hole stations which each runner hit five times -- if you're keeping count, that's possibly more than a dozen before the race ended. Hypnotic also provided doughnuts before the start, and top finishers received Hypnotic Donut mugs instead of medals. At the race's conclusion, participants swilled free beer and competed in a Chubby Bunny contest to see who could fit the most doughnut holes in their mouth. We have to wonder if the "5K" refers to calories consumed.
Who knew runners could cut loose? Check out our photos of the awesome costumes, contests, and sugary revelry.
Posted by Brentney Hamilton
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy