Monday, January 28, 2013
R.L. Turner students back in class after bomb scare
Students at nearby Central Elementary were under lockdown, but that has been lifted.
CARROLLTON Students at R.L. Turner High School in Carrollton returned to class about 11:30 a.m. Monday after being evacuated about an hour and a half earlier because of a bomb scare.
Angela Shelley, director of strategic communications for the Carrollton-Farmers Branch Independent School District, said the evacuation was ordered immediately after someone called the front office about 10 a.m. and said a bomb had been placed in the building.
She said Carrollton police were called immediately and a bomb squad arrived shortly.
“A sweep of the building revealed that there was no bomb, so students were allowed to go back in and classes were resumed,” she said.
She also said that Central Elementary School near the high school went into lockdown immediately after the bomb scare was reported, and that the lockdown there was also lifted about 11:30 a.m.
Pegasus News Content partner - Star Local News
- Firefighters battle paper fire in 100-degree weather
- Theater review: Accompany a father on a journey between religion and culture in Fiddler on the Roof
- Police seek information about July 6 fatality on I-35E in Carrollton
- Photos: Volkswagens compete for "best display of rust" and "best survivor"
- Dallas yogis stretch to live dubstep at "Glow-ga" rave