Tuesday, January 29, 2013 , Updated 4:20 p.m., February 8, 2013
Mardi Gras-themed Dash for the Beads 5K now accepting entrants
The race, benefitting Finding Inspired Dog Owners, takes place February 9.
OAK CLIFF On February 9, Mardi Gras collides with the dog world. And no, that doesn’t mean bitches will be flashing all eight of their nipples in a quest for beads.
Instead, it’s time to start prepping for the 4th Annual Dash for the Beads, a 5K Run/Walk/Costume Contest/Pet Festival benefiting FIDO (Finding Inspired Dog Owners), an organization dedicated to building Oak Cliff’s first dog park.
Get a team together and dress in costume for a chance at great prizes or join as an individual and meet new friends along the race.
By acting now, you can still catch the early bird entry deadline and save some money (plus, we’ve seen the dash show up on Living Social as recently as yesterday for even bigger savings).
Whether you choose to walk the one-mile route our run the full 5K, everyone gets a T-shirt and it all ends with at a giant beer garden after-party. Because it wouldn’t be Mardi Gras without a teeny-tiny bit of booze.
Pegasus News Content partner - Gay List Daily
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Review: Taco Wagon's renovation yields sincere "north of the border" style
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at video game development at Gearbox Community Day
- Dallas Wind Symphony performs the music of Downton Abbey