Tuesday, January 29, 2013
Photos: Tested by fire, ZestFest2013 sparked it up in Irving
Milk! We need milk.
IRVING Those with taste-buds of steel gathered over the weekend in Irving at ZestFest2013, where they pitted their fiery wills against some of the hottest delicacies known to Texas. It takes guts to ingest recipes and products concocted from habaneros, serranos, and cayennes. Getting past the lips, throat, and belly is one thing; they have a habit of haunting later, as well.
Flanked by celebrity chefs like Jon Bonnell, guests filled the Irving Convention Center, where they sampled thousands of products, competed in contests, and learned to prepare some of the world's hottest ingredients. Check out our sizzling photos from the caliente weekend.
Posted by Brentney Hamilton
- Theater review: Bold, young stars sparkle in ICT Mainstage's Last Night of Ballyhoo
- Photos: See the creative characters of Comic Con 2013
- With a star-studded lineup, Dallas Comic Con may not be just for geeks
- Theater review: Fools fails to impress despite the quality of actors and designers
- Photos: Browse the wild and weird costumes at Irving's 2013 Sci-Fi Expo