Wednesday, January 30, 2013
Coppell toddler run over, airlifted to Children’s Medical Center
The boy was breathing, conscious, and coherent at the scene.
COPPELL A three-year-old boy was taken by helicopter to Children’s Medical Center in Dallas after being ran over by a vehicle in an alley in the 200 block of Lodge Road in Coppell shortly before 8 p.m. Tuesday.
Capt. James Cook of the Coppell Police Department said a woman told police that her son was assisting her in unloading groceries from the trunk of the car when it rolled backward and over the child.
The child was pinned under the vehicle, although police said he was not run over by a tire.
Members of the Coppell Fire Department used equipment to lift the vehicle off of the child.
Cook said the boy was breathing, conscious, and coherent when being treated at the scene and being transported to the hospital.
The mother said she thought she had put the vehicle in park and that she did not know what caused it to roll backward, striking her son.
Cook said further investigation of this incident is not expected and no charges are pending at this time. No additional information is available regarding the health status of the child.
Pegasus News Content partner - Star Local News
- Photos: Tasty treats and local eats at the Coppell Farmers Market
- Coppell hopeful for dog park by year's end
- UPDATED: Suspect arrested after 4-hour standoff at IHOP in Lewisville
- Man shoots himself at Vista Ridge Mall in Lewisville
- Coppell couple boasts elaborate Christmas display with electric trains and a scenic New Orleans