Wednesday, January 30, 2013
5 most obscure props Lady Gaga grinded on (or into) at Tuesday’s concert
Now she can say she's recreated her own birth in front of millions of people.
From bubble and frog dresses to facial horns and pink hair, Lady Gaga has gone out of her way to express her radical fashion sense since her debut in 2008. Though we'd heard about what to expect at Dallas' show at the American Airlines Center, it didn't compare to experiencing it live. Here are the weirdest, most unconventional props Gaga grinded on or climbed out of to help you see the vision of today’s most famous pop star.
Gothic horse: Gaga stepped out atop a gothic, man-made horse for her opening number – man-made in that the horse was actually made out of men (or women). Three pairs of legs could be seen moving the black-clad Gaga across the massive stage. The horse's head and mannerisms were almost identical to those of an actual horse, making us second-guess our first instinct.
Spread-eagle pregnant womb: A monstrous set of women’s legs revealing an expectant belly emerged from Gaga’s three-story castle for the early rendition of “Born This Way.” This would’ve been an adequate jaw dropper on its own, but Gaga didn’t stop there. Instead of dancing around the massive lady parts, she climbed inside the belly and reenacted the birthing process.
Glowing egg: The infamous glowing egg has not been retired! Gaga was rolled out in the pulsing capsule for the opening of “Bad Romance.” Yes, the diva has used this prop before, but it was fun to see the recognizable egg we’ve seen her hatch on live TV.
Gaga motorcycle: Gaga also turned into a mobile vehicle. She glided out on a set of wheels and some headlights, using her head as the handlebars and body for a frame. As she “drove” around the stage, a female dancer hopped on her back and began to grind on the motorcycle as if Gaga were a stripper pole.
Meat dress meets the grinder: Another Gaga staple, the blood-red meat dress made another appearance, this time in a shorter cocktail version. She slid out on a hanging meat hook with fake slabs of ribs during “Poker Face,” and shortly after jumped into a life-sized meat grinder to complete the brazen visual.
- Lady Gaga’s wheelchair was gold-plated in Dallas
- Girl power: 10 leading ladies of the music industry
- Video: Lady Gaga gives a peek of her derriere, tells about her former life as a waitress
- UPDATED: Lady Gaga did not show up to Round-Up Saloon on Tuesday
- Review: Lady Gaga glides from sublime to self-indulgent during over-the-top Dallas show
- Remember the Bud Light Hotel in Dallas at Super Bowl? It's back for Final Four
- Neil Young returns to the Meyerson in April
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July