Thursday, January 31, 2013 , Updated 3:22 p.m., January 31, 2013
UPDATED: Bill Nye The Science Guy visited the Perot Museum Wednesday
Children of the '90s, this one's for you.
Just after 4 p.m., he tweeted a photo (on right) from his journey up the great glass escalator on the outside of the building, clad in iconic bow-tie and blazer. The tweet reads: "Perot Museum of Nature & Science tonight. Architecture affects our senses."
Never put it past @TheScienceGuy to seize an opportunity for learning more about science. But I wonder, what if he was doing more than just absorbing knowledge? After all, the museum closes at 5 p.m., less than an hour after Nye hit up the Twittersphere. A private tour, perhaps? Or a secret experiment that defies gravity and unleashes an army of cute kittens to cuddle every child in the world?
As a kid, I always wished he do that. Flash back to the '90s with Bill Nye the Science Guy below.
[UPDATE: We spoke with museum representative Melinda Wenk, who said Nye was a guest speaker in a series by The Lamplighter School on Wednesday. He spoke to a packed house in the The Hoglund Foundation Theater.]
Bill Nye the Science Guy - Earthquakes
Bill Nye the Science Guy - “Sound Is A Vibe”
- Before Miley's Dallas concert: She promises "every show is going to be different"
- Remember the Bud Light Hotel in Dallas at Super Bowl? It's back for Final Four
- Neil Young returns to the Meyerson in April
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers