Monday, July 1, 2013
10 things Dallas should offer big man Dwight Howard
Using Jerry Jones' giant television to play video games? Sounds like a good reason to come to North Texas.
As the Dallas Mavericks try to woo all-star center Dwight Howard during free agency, area restaurant chain Raising Cane's upped the ante with an offer for free chicken for the rest of his life. That alone is probably not enough to do the trick, but what else could Dallas throw at the big man? We've got 10 ideas.
1. He can be the new voice of Big Tex -- heck, he can be Big Tex if he wants. Just stand him up on that big ol' pedestal in Fair Park.
2. He should be allowed to play video games on the giant video screen at Cowboys Stadium, anytime he wants. Can you imagine what NBA 2K13 would look like on that thing?
3. He gets to jump to the front of the line on all the rides at Six Flags Over Texas. Also, the Texas Giant will be renamed "The Dwight Howard."
4. We'll give him his face, in lights, on Reunion Tower.
5. WFAA Channel 8 should let Dwight Howard be a co-anchor on their news broadcast, whenever he feels like he has something to say.
6. Everyone knows how insane it is trying to find a parking space at NorthPark Center. Dwight Howard would get VIP, front-row parking for life.
7. To wash down all that Raising Cane's chicken, Dwight Howard gets free Slurpees at 7-Eleven. He is also the only person in Dallas who will be allowed to drink Slurpees directly from the dispenser.
8. He can take up residence at the iconic Southfork Ranch for as long as he wants, free of charge. (But are the ceilings tall enough?)
9. He gets a free TollTag. Hey, those tolls ain't cheap!
10. And, the best one: He gets a free subscription to The Dallas Morning News. (We can't ask everyone else to pony up without doing our part too.)
Posted by Amanda Wilkins