Wednesday, July 3, 2013
“Indoor fireworks” at the Meyerson on July 4: Break out the fire extinguisher?
Not so fast.
Nope; you can leave the fire extinguisher at home. Attendees to the patriotic event can expect 20 confetti cannons to spray colored debris that doesn't come with a lick of fire. The cannons will blast off during certain beats of the music, and -- if everything goes right -- the show will end in righteous applause.
Expect patriotic music from John Philip Sousa, and an 11-foot Uncle Sam who'll spray confetti from hand-held guns. The "Star-Spangled Spectacular" is a "more theatrical" version of a Wind Symphony concert, said Marketing and Communications Director April Davis.
Kids are welcome. "Don't worry, if they scream, we'll play louder," Davis said, laughing.
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy