Friday, July 5, 2013
Lady fierce: 10 reasons Beyonce is the ultimate pop star
The Mrs. Carter World Tour returns to the AAC on July 6.
I’m a big fan of Beyonce, and since she is coming to Dallas this week, I have put together 10 reasons why I believe Beyonce is the ultimate pop star.
1. Beyonce won 17 Grammys and is the third most honored woman in Grammy history: Since going solo in 2004, Beyonce has won Grammys for Record of the Year, Best R&B song, Best Female R&B Vocal performance, Best Contemporary R&B album, Best Pop Collaboration, Song of the Year, and many more. She’s been nominated for a Grammy 45 times, and has won many other awards throughout her music career.
2. Since going solo, she’s released four studio albums, one extended play, four live albums, 38 singles, and 10 promotional singles: Beyonce has produced Dangerously in Love, B’Day, I Am Sasha Fierce, and 4 since the start of her solo career. As of now, she’s working on her fifth solo album with teasers of songs in her current Pepsi commercials like "Bow Down," "Standing on the Sun," and "Grown Woman."
3. Beyonce has toured the world: Throughout her career, Beyonce has traveled and toured many cities as well as countries. For her current tour, The Mrs. Carter Show, she begins in her very own country of course, and tours The United Kingdom, Latin America, back to North America, and ends it in Europe. Can we say jet lag?!
4. She’s sung at the Presidential Inauguration twice: Back in 2009, Queen Bey sang Etta James’ "At Last," at the Presidential Inauguration during President Obama and the First Lady’s dance. She then sung the National Anthem at the 2013 Presidential Inauguration.
5. Beyonce directed and produced her own HBO Documentary: Life is But A Dream is a documentary of Beyonce’s behind-the-scenes life in which she shares old footage of her and Jay-Z, secrets and hardships that she faced throughout her career, footage of her and her daughter Blue Ivy, and more.
6. She and Jay-Z are the ultimate power couple: Bey and Jay have over 10 years under their belt, and for celebrity couples, 10 years is a lifetime. According to Style Magazine, together Beyonce and Jay-Z’s net worth is more than $1 billion. The power duo are very successful in both of their careers, which range from acting, singing, and designing, to owning a record label, nightclub, and sports agency.
7. Beyonce has only canceled one concert since her solo career: Beyonce canceled her show in Antwerp, Belgium due to dehydration, but apologized to her fans and continued her next scheduled show. Before this, Beyonce had never canceled a show, and since then she hasn’t. How many other huge stars do you know who have only canceled one show? Almost no one.
8. She’s very passionate about woman empowerment: With songs like "Run the World (Girls)," "If I Were a Boy," and "Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It,)" Beyonce is known for empowering all women. She even has an all-women band.
9. Beyonce is a dancer, actress, entrepreneur, fashion designer, mother, wife, and of course the ultimate pop star: To name a few movies, Beyonce has starred in Austin Powers in Goldmember, Dreamgirls, Obsessed, and her newest one this year, Epic. Beyonce is also endorsed by Pepsi, and has starred in several Pepsi commercials as well as commercials for American Express, Diamonds, L’Oreal, and Target. Queen Bey even has her very own clothing line through Swedish based company H&M.
10. She knows how to keep her personal life personal: Beyonce is known for only sharing what she wants to share with the media. She never shares too much and always gives just the right amount of information about her personal life. She always keeps us guessing about her personal life, and usually we’re wrong! (Hint: the pregnancy rumor.)
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger