Thursday, July 11, 2013 , Updated 12:00 p.m., July 12, 2013
Celebrate Bastille Day with French dinner July 12 and 13
Call ahead if you want to go.
DALLAS The French: known for their kissing, fries, and ticklers.
Also Bastille Day, the holiday that marks the beginning of the French Revolution. We think it’s fun to celebrate because it gives us a chance to indulge in all the wonderful delicacies of France. And wear our bedazzled raspberry beret.
But where to celebrate? That’s always the question. Sure, we could go to La Madeleine again and chew on a baguette. Or find a French guy on Grindr and, well, chew on a baguette.
A more authentic experience, however, can be found at the always-charming Hotel St. Germain.
This Friday and Saturday, they’re not just rolling out the rouge carpet for France, but they're also including several of the most popular Mediterranean destinations, for a multi-national wine dinner. Highlights include historic cuisine representative of Valencia, Athens, and Naples, among several others.
The result is a five-course meal with delectable flavors found in paella, Bistecca alla Fiorentina, tarte Tatin and most importantly (because we love to say the name aloud and think it could be our next drag persona), Cherry Clafoutis. Oh, and wine pairings, too.
Throw in live Mediterranean music, sangria with hors d’oeuvres, and you’ve got yourself an indulgent trip to Europe.
Without ever leaving Uptown.
Bastille Weekend Mediterranean Wine Dinner at Hotel St. Germain: 7 p.m. Friday, July 12 and Saturday, July 13. $95 per person, reservations required.
Pegasus News Content partner - Gay List Daily
- The year in mess-ups: Blooper reel from The Dallas Morning News' video room
- Concert review: Meyerson transformed into Bourbon Street with Preservation Hall Band's Christmas show
- Theater review: Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer at the Majestic is just plain phenomenal
- Theater review: Controversial and raunchy, The Most Fabulous Story Ever Told tries to find God
- Sir Elton John rockets to Dallas in March 2014