Friday, July 12, 2013
Photos: Artist explores mani-fest destiny by offering 500 free manicures
Her mobile nail salon rolled into Dallas on Thursday.
DALLAS Nails are Breanne Trammell's mani-fest destiny. During a roadtrip-slash-art project called Nails Across America, Trammell plans to do 500 people's nails, all for free.
And who doesn't love a free mani? Trammell believes that doing someone's nails is an intimate experience, and she has embarked upon the experience as a "platform to exchange ideas and conversation," it states on her Kickstarter page.
She raised more than her goal of $4,000 to purchase and repair the mobile nail salon trailer she has pulled around the country. She stopped into the Double Wide in Dallas Thursday night to chat and paint:
See more stories in:
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy