Friday, July 12, 2013
Photos: Artist explores mani-fest destiny by offering 500 free manicures
Her mobile nail salon rolled into Dallas on Thursday.
DALLAS Nails are Breanne Trammell's mani-fest destiny. During a roadtrip-slash-art project called Nails Across America, Trammell plans to do 500 people's nails, all for free.
And who doesn't love a free mani? Trammell believes that doing someone's nails is an intimate experience, and she has embarked upon the experience as a "platform to exchange ideas and conversation," it states on her Kickstarter page.
She raised more than her goal of $4,000 to purchase and repair the mobile nail salon trailer she has pulled around the country. She stopped into the Double Wide in Dallas Thursday night to chat and paint:
See more stories in:
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger