Monday, July 15, 2013 , Updated 10:00 a.m., July 17, 2013
Justin Bieber’s mom will sign parenting advice memoir in Plano
She just released a teen-friendlier version minus the "rougher" details.
In Nowhere But Up, released September 2012, Mallette describes her struggle to overcome drug and alcohol addiction, a time she attempted suicide, her teen pregnancy, and her journey to Christian faith. In a teen edition of the book, released July 2, Mallette leaves out rougher details and includes advice, statistics, and hotline numbers for readers on depression, pregnancy, bullying, and unwanted sexual advances.
Fans can pick up free tickets for a place in line beginning at 9 a.m. Monday, July 15 at the bookstore’s Customer Info Station. The signing begins at 3 p.m. Wednesday, July 17. Fans are asked to not bring memorabilia to the signing, as Mallette will sign only copies of Nowhere But Up.
“Pattie has guided her talented son through the winding journey of fame, instilling faith and wisdom every step of the way,” event organizers wrote on a flyer. “She is impassioned by her vision to share what she has learned from the experiences of her youth and her son’s journey.”
The Creekwalk Village Barnes & Noble is located at 801 West 15th St Suite E in Plano and can be reached at 972-422-3372.
- Cheap Trick, Kool and the Gang and Joan Jett to headline Wildflower fest in Richardson
- Theater review: Go see Out of Sterno in Rover Dramawerks' new Plano space
- Lockhart Smokehouse in Plano is open and smokin'
- Concert review: Willie Nelson keeps rolling, with Asleep at the Wheel joining him
- Theater review: Rehearsal for Murder! is a comedically griping case of whodunit