Friday, July 19, 2013
39 things Dallasites love to love
Dirk Nowitzki, outdoor shopping and anything associated with brunch.
3. Brunch on patios
Preferably of the bottomless kind, but we're not picky.
5. Big Tex
6. Running 5Ks
We've got a 5K for any theme you can think of — superheroes, disco, zombies, mustaches, tie dye, jalapenos, and beer, among others.
7. The "nice" part of Oak Cliff
By Flickr user Siggi Churchill
8. Wearing workout clothes to run errands, even if you haven't worked out
Maybe we're going to the gym after shopping...
9. Standing in line for Pecan Lodge barbecue
Longest and hungriest 90 minutes ever!
10. Creating green space out of concrete that was poured to cover up green space.
You've heard of a deck park, right? It's built on top of the highway.
11. Taking your dog to the Katy Trail Ice House
12. Taking your dog EVERYWHERE
13. Artisanal coffee shops that turn into wine bars
Because caffeine and booze are better when served together.
14. Outdoor shopping malls
15. Being a queso connoisseur
16. Talking about how cool Fort Worth is, but rarely making the drive
17. Craft beer
18. Beer & music fests
19. Claiming Dirk is your homeboy
You know you own that shirt, and if you don't, you want to.
20. Dissing Jerry Jones
Unfortunately we can't say anything about Jerryworld, that place is awesome.
22. Talking about that time we almost won the World Series ... twice
23. Complaining about construction or traffic but refusing to use DART or bike
24. ... Unless that means biking around White Rock
25. Crazy donuts and cupcakes
26. Big blonde hair
We're arguably the birthplace of the big and blonde look.
27. Food trucks
And soon food truck parks.
28. Building a $60 million high school stadium
Oh, hey there, Allen High School.
29. Bragging about how Reunion Tower lights up
They blink too, ya know.
30. Sprawling, manicured lawns
31. Showing neighborhood pride
Oak Cliff That My Hood - Young Nino & Hot Boy Star
Wherever you live, give it up!
32. Wearing earrings and heels to the pool
If we're going out anywhere, we are going to look good.
34. Eating and drinking local
We've got farmers markets galore!
35. Bars with arcade games
36. Starting a food blog and Instagramming every meal
37. Overpaying for steak at one of Dallas' zillion steakhouses
We pay more because the beef is better (wink).
38. Vanity license plates that tell us how expensive your car was
39. Claiming bands are "from Dallas" when they moved away a long time agoFollow @tineywristwatch Follow @sblaskovich
GuideLive contributed to this story.