Friday, July 19, 2013
Design District Gallery Day returns on July 20
It's an all-day block party with art, food, and swag.
DESIGN DISTRICT Dallas Gallery Day is becoming a pretty popular tradition, and this Saturday the event is back with a full day of gallery hopping, food trucks, and more throughout the Design District.
The “official” proceedings will take place from 12-8 p.m., but in my experience, gallery’s often open early or stay open late, so don’t be afraid to hang around after “official” proceedings have ended.
While it’s mostly all about the art, you also have the chance to snag some early bird gift bags at galleries as well as enjoy some free beverages courtesy of Ben E. Keith.
If this is your first gallery day, don’t worry. The brains behind the event have already mapped out your entire route on their website. If you’d rather tread your own path, you’re more than welcome to do that too. The website has a list of participating galleries with links to their websites so you can plan your day before you even head out into the heat.
Questions? Drop me a line. Otherwise I hope to see you out and about in the neighborhood this Saturday!
Pegasus News Content partner - Dallas Design District Daily
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at video game development at Gearbox Community Day