Wednesday, July 24, 2013
Rangers debut extra carbo-loaded concessions — a taco dog and two giant burgers
There's one called the "Mitchwich Mild," but that doesn't mean it's good for you.
Even with extreme eats like the 2-foot-long Boomstick (a giant chili and cheese hot dog smothered in onions and jalapenos) already on the menu, the Rangers have announced three more carb-loaded menu items certain to fill any hungry fan’s stomach.
First, the Taco Dog. Much like its name suggests, the Taco Dog is a combination of a hot dog and a taco that features an all-beef hot dog inside a taco shell with cheese, lettuce, sour cream, and tomatoes that is then stuffed inside a toasted sausage roll. Carb-ception, if you may.
Rangers first baseman Mitch Moreland gets a edible nod in the form The Mitchwich Wild and The Mitchwich Mild. Both are burgers served on sourdough buns, with the Mitchwich Wild featuring toppings including chorizo, bacon, jalapenos, black bean spread, and fried onions, while the Mitchwich Mild has bacon, tomatoes, baby arugula, and Colby jack cheese.
The seventh-inning stretch just got a little more delicious.
- UPDATEDx2: George Strait may end farewell tour at AT&T Stadium in Arlington June 7, 2014
- Jerry World sets sights global rodeo domination
- UT-Arlington will exhibit rare JFK photographs
- Really? The video screen at Jerry World is a "breathtakingly bad" idea?
- Are you ready for some football? Dallas Cowboys' kick off in free-to-the-public practice