Thursday, July 25, 2013
Mural made of eye cream and lipstick constructed during Mary Kay convention in Dallas
Yes, the mural is made up of makeup.
While thousands of people were attending the Mary Kay seminar on Thursday, I decided to check out a little quieter spot at the Dallas Convention Center. A world record is set to be broken for the largest piece of artwork made completely of cosmetics … Mary Kay cosmetics, of course!
Jeff Garrison of Eyecon Studios (the same company that did the popular Mass Transit mural downtown – boy pulling wagon) is in charge of the attempt to break the record, which is currently held by Avon — a word not very often mentioned during Mary Kay’s seminar.
The painting is 600 square feet and is made up of foundation and eye cream. Slatherings of lipstick will be added at the end.
As the mass exodus of Pink Ladies left the seminar, many stopped and took photos, commenting how beautiful the mural was, and were excited to see the finished product. When I arrived and shot this video, the painting was more than halfway done. It should be finished in the next couple of weeks. (And turns out, it’ll be cut up after it’s finished. Watch the video to find out why!)
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger
- Concert review: Crowds go crazy for diamond-in-the-flesh Lorde in Dallas