Monday, July 29, 2013
Photos: Kidd Kraddick’s legacy lives in the smiles he created on annual Disney World trips
Take a look back at the lives he impacted.
A somber tone filled the airwaves of 106.1 Kiss FM Monday as the "Kidd Kraddick in the Morning Show" began without its namesake voice. David "Kidd" Kraddick, radio personality and local icon, died of cardiac disease Saturday in New Orleans at a golf tournament to raise money for his children's non-profit, Kidd's Kids.
"He died doing what he loved, and his final day was spent selflessly focused on those special children that meant the world to him," said a statement from Clear Channel Dallas Manager Kelly Kibler.
There is no doubt Kraddick impacted the lives of children and families dealing with terminal illness. Every autumn, Kidd's Kids takes a group of little ones and their parents on an all-expenses-paid trip to Disney World. His legacy lives on in those smiles he created and the future children who will reap the benefits of his charitable work.
See pictures from some of those magical moments over the last six years below.Follow @tineywristwatch
- Kidd Kraddick's daughter takes over children's charity
- Fundraiser-turned-tribute concert celebrated radio icon Kidd Kraddick
- Date night in DFW: How to impress that special someone
- Ben Folds will play free memorial show in Dallas August 15 for Kidd Kraddick
- Kellie Rasberry: "Kidd groomed us for the moment that he wasn’t going to be here"