Wednesday, July 31, 2013 , Updated 12:00 p.m., August 6, 2013
Marlon Wayans will judge Dallas comedy competition August 6
Register for free tickets to the show.
DALLAS Dallas-area comics Chris Brown, Keisha Hunt, Derrick Keener, and Peter Barrera were selected as semifinalists (via an online vote) in the national Stand Up. It’s Miller Time comedy search. They’ll perform in a public show at 8 p.m. August 6 at City Performance Hall, 2520 Flora St., Dallas. Popular actor-comedian Marlon Wayans will judge, along with comedians Michael Shawn and J. Anthony Brown.
The top stand-up comic chosen from Dallas will advance to the finals August 29 in Atlanta, and a chance to win $10,000.
Doors open at 7 p.m. for the August 6 event. Register for free tickets at Stand Up. It’s Miller Time here. The show is for ages 21 and older only.
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Photos: Ever seen a bedroom closet with a coffee bar and refrigerator?
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre