Wednesday, July 31, 2013 , Updated 12:00 p.m., August 6, 2013
Marlon Wayans will judge Dallas comedy competition August 6
Register for free tickets to the show.
DALLAS Dallas-area comics Chris Brown, Keisha Hunt, Derrick Keener, and Peter Barrera were selected as semifinalists (via an online vote) in the national Stand Up. It’s Miller Time comedy search. They’ll perform in a public show at 8 p.m. August 6 at City Performance Hall, 2520 Flora St., Dallas. Popular actor-comedian Marlon Wayans will judge, along with comedians Michael Shawn and J. Anthony Brown.
The top stand-up comic chosen from Dallas will advance to the finals August 29 in Atlanta, and a chance to win $10,000.
Doors open at 7 p.m. for the August 6 event. Register for free tickets at Stand Up. It’s Miller Time here. The show is for ages 21 and older only.
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger