Tuesday, June 4, 2013
Photos: Models showcase sleek, modern fashions for Muslim women at Dallas fundraiser
See floral, chevron, and pastels as this year's hot trends.
DESIGN DISTRICT Fashion for Compassion exposes the beauty of exotic, modest wear. Benefitting Texas Muslim Women's Foundation so it can raise money to build a shelter home for Muslim women, the event gave designers an opportunity to showcase their newest collections -- each a work of art on their own.
The event was hosted at the Dallas Contemporary on Saturday, June 1.
Take a look at fashionable, modern hijabs and sleek abayas from the event:
- Remember the Bud Light Hotel in Dallas at Super Bowl? It's back for Final Four
- Neil Young returns to the Meyerson in April
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Concert review: Crowds go crazy for diamond-in-the-flesh Lorde in Dallas