Tuesday, June 4, 2013
Photos: Models showcase sleek, modern fashions for Muslim women at Dallas fundraiser
See floral, chevron, and pastels as this year's hot trends.
DESIGN DISTRICT Fashion for Compassion exposes the beauty of exotic, modest wear. Benefitting Texas Muslim Women's Foundation so it can raise money to build a shelter home for Muslim women, the event gave designers an opportunity to showcase their newest collections -- each a work of art on their own.
The event was hosted at the Dallas Contemporary on Saturday, June 1.
Take a look at fashionable, modern hijabs and sleek abayas from the event:
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at video game development at Gearbox Community Day