Friday, June 7, 2013
Photos: Fort Worth residents Rock the River at lively outdoor event
Make sure this event goes on your summer to-do list.
FORT WORTH Parents, kids, and dogs were all smiles Thursday afternoon for the season's first Rockin' the River, a weekly event at Fort Worth's Panther Island Pavilion where a local band plays while attendees swim and sunbathe. Rockin' the River is free to attend, with tubes available to rent and beer and food for sale. It's appropriate for all ages.
On Thursday, June 6, Josh Weathers Band played funky beats to the several hundred in attendance. You've got to check out Rockin' the River this summer:
- Theater review: Woman in Black keeps audiences on edge
- Jack FM hosts beer, bourbon and barbecue festival in Fort Worth
- Amon Carter acquires "destination" portrait by American painter John Singer Sargent
- Theater review: Circle Theatre mounts a shocking and absurdly funny Exit, Pursued by a Bear
- Chef Tim Love: Despite Lonesome Dove fire, "we will reopen stronger"