Monday, June 10, 2013
Two Dallas men drowned in Carrollton Saturday night
One went in and the other attempted to save him, but couldn't.
CARROLLTON Two Dallas men drowned in a pond near the 3300 block of I-35E in Carrollton about 8:30 p.m. Saturday night.
Officer Jon Stovall of the Carrollton Police Department said Francisco Najar and Hector Rodriques, both 30, were pronounced dead at local hospitals after being taken by Carrollton Fire Department paramedics from the retention pond near the La Hacienda Ranch restaurant in Carrollton.
He said a preliminary investigation indicated that the two had been fishing from the bank of the pond with several other relatives when one entered the water and then was unable to swim to safety.
“The other victim entered the water in an attempt to save him, but was also unable to exit the water before drowning,” Stovall said
Pegasus News Content partner - Star Local News
- More than you wanted to know about breastaurant reality show Big Tips Texas
- "Freedom Writer" Darrius Garrett will sign memoir in Lewisville
- Witness helped police arrest man accused of stealing drugs from Walgreens
- Vista Ridge Mall throws back-to-school party August 24
- Malls extend hours for tax-free weekend