Thursday, June 13, 2013
12 cool-dude things to do with dad (and without) this weekend in DFW, June 13-16
Take a ride on a boogie board in Fair Park.
- Start the day with Sunrise Pilates at Texas Discovery Gardens in Dallas at 7:30 a.m. Organizers say it's very appropriate for beginners.
- Take the kids to Summer Adventures in Fair Park, the new theme park that is open every day this summer. The Top o' Texas Tower, recently shut down because of lightning, should be working by Thursday.
- Hilarious musical Sister Act continues at Music Hall at Fair Park. Because it's summer, you'll find a performance at 1:30 p.m. and again at 7:30 p.m. on Thursday.
- Here's quite an event: a wine tasting, chocolate and cheese sampling, and barbecue dinner. Hungry yet? Consider it an early Father's Day present for dad. Details here.
- For just $8, go see some of DFW's most rockin' bands at Club Dada in Deep Ellum: The Phuss, The Virgin Wolves, and The Hanna Barbarians. Bring earplugs if you don't like it loud.
- We've recently started a discussion about smart, sexy burlesque troupes. Friday, you can watch Naked Girls Reading read from some of their favorite novels. Oh yes.
- If your football-loving dad is a fan of America's Team, take him to Father's Day on the Field at Cowboys Stadium. He'll see all the 'Boys' trophies: former players, cheerleaders, and, oh yes, actual trophies.
- You're one of those people who likes to swim in a river of ice, are you? Try out for The Amazing Race in Arlington this weekend.
- If Saturday's are for chillaxing with a beer, we have two options: Beer School at Community Beer Company, or BeerFeast at Flying Saucer on Lake Ray Hubbard. Cheers!
- We all have a father, and if yours is able to celebrate, remember to do something special for him on Sunday, June 16 -- Father's Day. Here's a list of 6 things we think he'll love. A few highlights:
Take him to the baseball game in Arlington Sunday afternoon.
Maybe you want to cram a whole bunch of great stuff into one day. Day of Fun for Dad at Asador is it: He'll mix a cocktail, roll a cigar, and hit balls at the driving range. The day finishes with a hearty lunch.