Friday, June 14, 2013
5 things to know after Cowboys minicamp
Romo’s throwing motion looked the same and he didn’t appear to be experiencing any discomfort.
IRVING The Cowboys concluded their minicamp workouts Thursday at Valley Ranch.
Here are five things fans of America's Team can take from Day 3.
1. Cowboys VP Stephen Jones believes team can win a title: Dallas Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones is confident in the players and coaches on the team’s current roster. How much confidence does he have? Well, enough to say on Thursday that the Cowboys currently have a team “that can win a championship.”
2. Long-term deal for Spencer? Que Sera, Sera: The July 15 deadline to sign defensive end Anthony Spencer to a long-term contract is 31 days away. “If it works out it works out,” executive vice president Stephen Jones said. “We’d love to have Spencer here but also understand that it has to work for him, too.”
3. Long-term deal for LB Sean Lee? Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones was asked Thursday about the franchise looking into giving linebacker Sean Lee a contract extension. “Sean is going into the last year of his contract," Jones said, "so that’s probably something we’ll look at.”
4. Tony Romo throws, with no apparent discomfort: Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo threw about 10-15 passes from the five-yard line to Miles Austin and Dez Bryant in the back of the endz one Thursday. Romo’s throwing motion looked the same and he didn’t appear to be experiencing any discomfort.
5. Travis Frederick contract should be finalized pre-camp: Travis Frederick’s agent Joe Panos watched the Dallas Cowboys’ last day of mini camp at Valley Ranch on Thursday. “I’ve heard that it’s almost done,” Frederick said. “I know that it will be done before camp.”