Friday, June 14, 2013
Forget Pamplona: Run with the bulls in Ennis in 2014
If this sounds scary, it is.
It’s no secret that Dallasites need some serious motivation to run.
Gone are the days when participating in a 5K simply meant lacing up your Asics and hitting the pavement. These days, 5K organizers have gone as far as dangling doughnuts and beer in front of our progressively plumper bodies in hopes that we’d exert some sort of physical energy in return.
However, the folks at The Great Bull Run have ditched the doughnuts in favor of an angry, 2,700 pound bull with sharp horns and a serious vendetta. If that’s not enough to get you running then just take the plunge and purchase a Hoveround.
DFW's wackiest themed runs
On April 5, 2014, the event that brings a little bit of Pamplona to cities across the United States will stop in Ennis for an all-day affair at Texas Motorplex that includes running with the bulls, a tomato battle, live music, and more.
Personally, I think this is a welcome addition to the Dallas running circuit. Color Run photos against Instagram’s Hudson filter were seriously starting to get old.
- Man robs bank inside grocery store in Casa Linda Plaza in Dallas
- Ennis Public Theatre announces 2008-2009 season
- Drag racer gets into major-league collision in Ennis
- Meeting Monday August 20 for parents of Intermediate School students in Ennis
- Theater Review: You Can't Get There From Here is a Hoot!