Monday, June 17, 2013 , Updated 11:42 a.m., June 17, 2013
UPDATED: Man drowned at Plano golf course
Fire personnel searched for a second person but didn't find one.
PLANO Plano Fire-Rescue crews were called to the Watters Creek Golf Course at 1:02 a.m. Sunday when homeowners near the golf course reported hearing a man yelling for help in one of the golf course ponds.
Fire personnel arrived at the pond to find Plano Police officers performing CPR on a male they pulled from the pond. Fire personnel took over patient care and transported the man to The Medical Center of Plano where he was later pronounced dead.
[UPDATE: The man has been identified as Stephen Atkinson of Plano, reports the DMN.]
The homeowner reported to police and fire personnel that the man was screaming for help from the pond and said there was another individual with him before going under the water. The 11 fire personnel at the scene searched for the other person, but no one was found.
At Plano Fire-Rescue's request, the Wylie Fire Department's Water and Dive Rescue Team responded to the scene to assist with an underwater search. A search was conducted and no other body was found.
Pegasus News Content partner - Star Local News
- No one injured in Plano house fire Thursday morning
- Bring your Jedi dogs to Petco in Allen for Star Wars party this Saturday
- 13 cars burglarized near Watters Crossing in Allen
- Who Wants to Be a Millionaire auditions are Monday in Allen
- "Oh that's cold!": Runners at Splash Dash in Plano shriek as they wade through ice water