Monday, June 17, 2013
Mother and son found dead in West Plano home
The female has been identified as Lydia Soto.
PLANO Detectives from the Plano Police Department are investigating what caused the death of a mother and son found in a home in the 6200 block of Windhaven Parkway.
Officers were dispatched to the residence about 10:25 a.m. Friday morning to perform a welfare check at the residence. Upon arrival, officers discovered an adult female resident at the location and her 4-year old son. Both were dead and had sustained a gunshot wound.
[UPDATE: The female has been identified as Lydia Soto, but the name of the juvenile has not yet been released.]
Detectives believe the case may be a murder/suicide, but will not know the official cause of death until a ruling is received from the Collin County Medical Examiner's Office.
Anyone with information regarding the incident is asked to call the Plano Police Department Tip Line at 972-941-2148.
Pegasus News Content partner - Star Local News
- Plano-based Frito-Lay releases new flavors of potato chips promised to be lower in fat
- Theater review: Do yourself a favor and go see Edges
- UPDATED: Pan-Latin restaurant called Mexican Sugar in Plano is open
- UPDATED: DFW's second East Hampton Sandwich Co. to open at Shops at Legacy November 6
- UPDATED: Eatzi's in West Plano opens September 20