Tuesday, June 18, 2013
10 best and worst parodies spun from Macklemore’s “Thrift Shop”
Which ones are your favorite?
As standard with most viral hits, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis‘ “Thrift Shop” has spawned a wide collection of parodies. Some of them are excellent and hilarious, while others not so much. Here are the best and worst covers and parodies of “Thrift Shop."
1. Grandpa Style — This Jazz Age version of this song is possibly better than the original. Not to mention the fact that the singer has a beautiful voice.
Thrift Shop (Vintage “Grandpa Style” Macklemore Cover)
2. Pentatonix — Pentatonix are known for their incredible a capella covers and their cover of “Thrift Shop” is nothing short of astounding.
Thrift Shop - Pentatonix
3. Bart Baker — As great as Macklemore’s song is, Bart Baker points out what we’ve all been thinking – thrift shopping is kind of gross.
BartBaker - Thrift Shop (PARODY)
4. Lindsey Stirling and Tyler Ward — Lindsey Stirling is an incredibly talented violinist who brings her skill to this cover with the help of YouTuber Tyler Ward.
Thrift Shop - Lindsey Stirling & Tyler Ward (Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Cover
5. "Pot Shop" — Not only is this parody absolutely hilarious, but Macklemore even makes an appearance.
Pot Shop - Macklemore Thrift Shop PARODY
1. "Microscope" — We shouldn’t give them such a hard time because they’re kids, but this is easily one of the worst parodies out there. Wrong Direction should probably stick to looking through microscopes than rapping about them.
“Microscope” (Thrift Shop parody) - A Banting Middle School Production
2. FAFSA — This probably only hurts so much because I know how much of a pain FAFSA is, but I guess it could be worse.
F.A.F.S.A.- “Thrift Shop” Parody
3. "I'm Feeling Good Today" — What’s better than a really lame “Thrift Shop” parody? A lame “Thrift Shop” parody mashed with the “Harlem Shake.”
I’m Feeling Good Today (Thrift Shop Parody w/ Harlem Shake)
4. "Math Class" — If you ignore the fact that this is a math-themed parody, you can look at this video’s true faults. No one in this video has rhythm or musical talent of any kind.
Math Class (A Thrift Shop Parody)
5. "Morp" — If you couldn’t gather from the clever title, this parody is about prom. Nothing else need be said.
NORTH GWINNETT MORP 2013 Promo Video (Parody of Thrift Shop)
Pegasus News Content partner - soso Active