Thursday, June 20, 2013
Meatless Max: Wine Dive promotes vegetarian Mondays
Once per week, the fried chicken joint will offer vegetarian specials and discounts on meatless dishes.
DALLAS While it may seem a bit counter-intuitive to business, Max’s Wine Dive recently announced a “Meatless Monday” initiative to highlight their veg-friendly options. Reads the press release, “Improve your health, help the environment and give your wallet a break by choosing a veggie dish at MAX’s Wine Dive every Monday from 4 to midnight.” In addition to a $14 meatless special (which may or may not be vegan), all vegetarian dishes are 25% off during this time.
While they only have a couple vegan options, it’s interesting to see this kind of thing going on at a place you would least expect it. Vegan options include:
- Arugula & Peach Salad – served with peach vinaigrette and Texas pecans
- Yellow Squash Soup – creamy squash scented with saffron
As with any restaurant, you’ll want to let your server know you’re vegan and to make sure no errant cheese or other animal products sneak their way onto your dish. You might let them know how you’d appreciate a Chick’n Fried Seitan one of these days!
Pegasus News Content partner - Dallas Vegan
See more stories in:
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Photos: Ever seen a bedroom closet with a coffee bar and refrigerator?
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre