Tuesday, June 25, 2013
Tame Impala and The National to co-headline October show in Dallas
The bands make their way through Dallas en route to ACL.
DALLAS One of surely several forthcoming Austin City Limit spillover concert announcements hit the inbox Tuesday.
Psychedelic rockers Tame Impala and alt-rock mainstay The National will play at South Side Ballroom (currently called The Palladium Ballroom) on October 12 on their way to the second-weekend ACL performances. The two bands are co-headlining the show, and tickets go on sale at 10 a.m. June 28.
In February, Tame Impala swung through Granada Theater with a flurry of 1960s-era guitar licks that can only be classified as dream-pop. The Australian band is still riding high on the release of its second full-length Lonerism, which came out last year.
The Flaming Lips joins Tame Impala for some of the dates on the tour, but the Dallas date isn't one of them.
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at video game development at Gearbox Community Day