Wednesday, June 26, 2013
Rainbow letters from Dallas BIG campaign displayed on Cedar Springs
The letters will be on display until Dallas Gay Pride September 15.
DALLAS Right in front of the Ilume on Cedar Springs is big rainbow-painted “B,” next to a big rainbow-painted “G.” All it needs is your fabulous self in the middle of it, to show off some Dallas gay pride.
The letters are retired from the Dallas Convention and Visitors Bureau’s “BIG Things Happen Here” campaign. You’ve probably seen the blue signs all over city in the past few months. Now that the official campaign has winded down, there are a few sets of the letters left over. What better way to make use of them to turn them into a big gay rainbow?
That’s just what Social Media House Group did, with the help of Ilume’s Luke Crosland. Tuesday, the letters went up in front of the Ilume, and they’ll stay there until September 15 for Dallas Gay Pride.
Everyone’s encouraged to pose as the I over the next three months. I expect to see some BIG rainbow Facebook profile pics. I will absolutely be going out there for a photo shoot sometime soon myself.
Pegasus News Content partner - His Big D
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Sarah Jaffe added to stacked Homegrown Fest lineup
- New restaurant Town Hearth expected to open in Design District in 2015
- Komali and Salum in Uptown have a new executive chef