Thursday, June 27, 2013
5 DFW resources for National HIV Testing Day
Many centers offer free or low-cost screenings.
National HIV Testing Day is Thursday, June 27. Since 1995, the day has served as an annual day of observance to promote HIV testing. Here are some places in North Texas where you can do your part by getting tested.
(This is just a partial list of locations. AIDS.gov has a great location-based resource, listing both free and low-cost HIV testing sites. All you need to give is your zip code.)
- 1210 Riverbend in Dallas
- AIDS Interfaith Network (AIN), in partnership with AIDS Healthcare Foundation, will offer free rapid HIV testing. On Friday, June 28. Results of rapid tests are available within 60 seconds.
- 4-7 p.m.
- 4012 Cedar Springs Road
- 5-8 p.m.
- 3926 Cedar Springs Rd.
- June 27-28, from 3-7 p.m., and June 29 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Greaterthan.org has a complete list of Walgreens locations offering free testing on its website.
- 1461 Robert B. Cullum Blvd.
- 3211 S. Lancaster Road
- 3826 Cedar Springs Road
- 3802 Cedar Springs Road
- 731 W. Belt Line Road, DeSoto
- 1325 Pennsylvania Ave., #60, Fort Worth
- 9 a.m. – 7 p.m. (extended hours for National HIV Testing Day)
- 400 N. Beach Street, Suite 100, Fort Worth
General Mexican Consulate: 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. June 28
Pegasus News Content partner - His Big D
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Review: Taco Wagon's renovation yields sincere "north of the border" style
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at video game development at Gearbox Community Day
- Dallas Wind Symphony performs the music of Downton Abbey