Thursday, June 27, 2013
Rockwall Futbol Club gears up for inaugural soccer season
Find out how your child can be involved.
ROCKWALL Rockwall Futbol Club (RFC) announces their inaugural season of soccer. Currently RFC has five teams playing for the club. There are two U11/U12 girl teams, one U9 boys team, one U7 boys team, and one U16 girls team. Most of the teams play on the recreational level at the Rockwall YMCA, but plans are to move one of the U11 girls teams to Plano Premier for the 2014-15 season.
This Club was started and currently run by Mark Helms of Rockwall, Chet Bayes of McKinney, and Brad Ayers of Allen. All three men have years of experience in playing, coaching, and running soccer programs in the North Texas area. Their plan is to offer an economical choice for select club soccer, so that no player is left behind because of financial considerations. The average club level cost for RFC is $1,210 which includes everything.
RFC has hired Kevin Fisher to coach the U11/U12 girls teams for the next two years. Fisher has over 12 years of coaching and holds a State D license. He comes to RFC from FC Dallas and the Sting organization previously. Fisher is holding open training sessions for girls interested in RFC.
Pegasus News Content partner - North Dallas Gazette
- Restaurant review: Rockwall's Zanata scores big with a 900-degree hickory inferno
- Rockwall bazaar this weekend benefits neglected local children
- Zombie Glow Run supports new Rockwall Community Playhouse
- Fundraiser for fallen West, Texas firefighter's family slated for June 15 in Rockwall
- Voice contestant Amber Carrington will sing in Rockwall Thursday night