Tuesday, March 5, 2013 , Updated 10:30 a.m., March 10, 2013
Joan Rivers graces Dallas with standup comedy Sunday at the Winspear
This you won't want to miss.
DALLAS When it comes to showbiz legends, some gays go crazy with a Z for Liza, get all verklempt for Barbra, or turn back time to hang with Cher.
Us, we’re Joan Rivers gays. No contest. Put us all in a lifeboat and we’d be seeing how quickly Liza, Babs, and Cher sink to the bottom of the ocean. No offense to any of them, just a cold, hard fact.
That’s because Joan always makes us laugh, especially because the jokes that make headlines are the ones others find so offensive. Her unique brand of anything-for-a-laugh humor is totally what our wahhhhh-you-hurt-my-feelings politically correct world needs. And after all these years, she regularly gets flack despite being one of the sharpest, quickest wits on the planet.
But even if she sticks to the scripted material, we know we’ll be rolling in the aisles. From laughter this time, not a seizure like we had during Blue Man Group.
Pegasus News Content partner - Gay List Daily
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger