Wednesday, March 6, 2013
Candidates for Frisco ISD unopposed, election to be canceled
No challengers for the incumbents, and a newcomer is running unopposed.
FRISCO The Frisco ISD board of trustees election scheduled for May 11 will be canceled, pending the approval of the order of cancellation at the board's regular April meeting. There are three candidates for the three open places, and all are unopposed.
Incumbents Renée Ehmke and Dan Mossakowski do not face challengers and newcomer Bryan Dodson will run for the seat held by Brenda Polk, who is not seeking re-election.
Another candidate, Greg Strange, had previously filed to run against Dodson and then switched to run against Mossakowski on the afternoon of March 1, the last day to file. On Monday, Strange withdrew his application.
Pegasus News Content partner - Star Local News
See more stories in:
- Frisco Commons entryway will be renamed in honor of fallen veteran
- UPDATED: Police located missing 20-year-old Frisco woman
- Restaurant review: Kenny's Smoke House takes a refined approach to barbecue
- DFW's second East Hampton Sandwich Co. to open at Shops at Legacy
- Pizzeria Testa fosters cult following in Frisco