Wednesday, March 13, 2013
Photos: Athletic beer chugging competition draws bubbly crowd
Participants were surprisingly serious about this drink-and-run race.
DEEP ELLUM This was not your normal road race, for sure. The Tap 'N' Run 4K on Saturday at Sandbar Cantina near Deep Ellum included three beer chug stations along the race course, and a full beer at the finish line.
Awards were given for things like best mustache, short shorts, and hot mess.
A portion of the proceeds benefited Operation Kindness, a North Texas animal shelter.
Take a peek at the shenanigans:
- Photos: Dallas Heritage Village Charleston'd its way through history on Saturday
- First look: Read Contemporary shows obscure work by emerging Aboriginal artists
- Paleo-inspired restaurant HG Sply Co. opens May 21 on Lower Greenville
- Dallas Symphony Orchestra maestro is selling Ritz home for $2.9 million
- Comedy review: Hilarious men of Whose Live Anyway? heckle Dallas with raunchy improv